Charter School Renewal
The charter school renewal process is similar to the initial charter school petition process, but there are substantial differences. Renewal applications must meet the same legal requirements and cover all the required elements of a charter petition, but in addition, they must include renewal criteria demonstrating school progress and success, including state API data. Additionally, there may be recently added requirements not addressed in the previous petition application that will need to be included in the renewal petition.
With almost 150 charter schools supported across the country, CSMC has effectively helped our clients through numerous renewals with their authorizer. Get the Charter School Renewal Support that your school needs.
CSMC’s Charter School Support can help your school with:
- Reviewing your current petition and evaluating stated goals within
- Evaluating the current academic and operational performance of the organization
- Assessing the current petition’s compliance with all new regulations applicable to charter schools
- Recommending new or revised language to better allow for operational flexibility and compliance
- Generate all necessary financial statements and budget projections
- Provide charter petition advocacy and authorizer negotiations as necessary