As a charter school, effective marketing is essential to the success of your school but before developing specific marketing tactics it is important to spend some time on defining your school experience and identifying what makes your school stand out.
How would you describe your school experience if you had to define it in ONE paragraph?
You’d be surprised how many schools don’t have a well thought out answer to this commonly asked question. Answering the following questions can help you piece it all together.
- What keywords or emotional triggers would you use to define your school experience?
- Why do you think families choose your school?
- What is expected of your school from the community you serve? What’s most important to them?
- Do you offer any unique programs or services? If so, what are they?
- How are you meeting the individual needs of your students?
- What are three things your school takes most pride in?
Defining your school experience from the perspective of parents is also another approach you can use in defining your school experience. A great way to do this is to ask parents why they chose your school in the first place. You could do this through a formal survey sent out to parents or verbally through your front office.
You can download our free Sample_Parent_Survey.
Remember, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. What are you showcasing that will make a good lasting impression?