Marketing 101: Use Ambassadors
WHAT IS AN AMBASSADOR?
An ambassador is someone who is chosen by a company or organization to represent that brand in a positive light in efforts to help increase brand awareness. Choosing ambassadors to represent your school, can be a tremendous asset in marketing and spreading the word. They can significantly extend your marketing reach and impact.
An exceptional ambassador should have the skills to be a good storyteller and presenter. It is important to provide them with the information you want them to communicate to your audience. Allow your ambassadors the access to create opportunities that will promote your school and let them lead in organizing them.
WHO ARE YOUR AMBASSADORS?
It is important to choose ambassadors that will be a good and professional representation of your school and what it stands for. Ambassadors can be:
- Parents and Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
- Board Members
- Student and Family Alumni
HOW YOU CAN USE YOUR AMBASSADORS:
- As a reference for prospective students and their families.
- To lead school tours or share their experience during a school tour or open house.
- To provide positive testimonials of their experience.
- To serve as a liaison to new students and their families.
- To go door-to-door to promote your school.
- To host “meet and greets” in their homes for prospective families in the area.
- To address community groups, such as Rotary and Chambers, to publicize the school, help recruit board members, and create community ambassadors.